Keep in Touch
Cadet Mail: Letters & Packages via US Postal
These are delivered to cadet’s box in Vandenberg
Address as follows:
Basic Cadet or CxC Name
PO Box xxxx
USAF Academy, CO
Project Write2Them – Project Write2Them makes it easier to write to your loved one during basic training by turning your emails into letters from home. Project Write2Them is a nonprofit organization that can help you make sure Mail Call is the best part of your recruit’s day. Keeping in touch while your loved one is at basic training is challenging – no email, no smart phones, no social media.
Airport Shuttle Transportation for Cadets
For the main breaks from the Academy (Thanksgiving, Winter, & Spring Break) the 10th Force Support Squadron (10 FSS) Outdoor Recreation Office (719) 333-4602, has shuttle buses (for a cost) that will take the cadets and cadet candidates (Prep School) to Colorado Springs and Denver Airports. NOTE: For summer break there are no shuttle rides provided by 10 FSS. Cadets are on their own to get to airports. Please don’t wait to purchase shuttle bus tickets once Cadet Outdoor Recreation is accepting reservations.
Vandenberg Hall, lower level room 1C15
Hours of Operation
Mid-Oct – Mid-Apr:
Open Mon, Tue, Thu & Fri
8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Closed Wed, Sat & Sun
Shuttle Rides to Airports
Shuttle information from DIA to Colorado Springs (not from 10 Force Support Squadron for Summer Break). These shuttles don’t normally come directly to USAFA, but to a hotel in Colorado Springs.
NO ENDORSEMENT OF THE FOLLOWING TRANSPORTATION IS BEING GIVEN BY USAFA OR THIS PARENTS’ CLUB. IT IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY TO GET YOU STARTED. Please check the internet for more options.
- Front Range Shuttle (direct to airports): (719) 237-2646.
- Colorado Springs shuttle: 1-877-587-3456, (719) 687-3456, Reservations: email@example.com
- A Ride in Luxury, 1-800-813-9916, (719) 243-3365
- A & B Limo Towncar, (303) 578-4802.
- TAXI information
- Yellow Cab, (719) 777-7777, has approval access to the base. Other cab companies would have to have a driver that already has a military Identification (retired military) to gain access the installation after visiting hours (0900-1700 hours every day)
- Springs Cab, (719) 444-8686